Sunday, January 20, 2013

Singapore Trip '13 Day 4: Marina Bay Sands, Merlion Park, Helix Bridge, Esplanade, Gardens by the Bay, Bugis Street, Changi Airport

This was our last day in Singapore. Bittersweet. I felt being attached to the place I've only been for 4 days.

This day, we were able to visit and see many landmarks of Singapore. I could've been happier if I was feeling well. :(

Bye Mackenzie Road, we'll miss you! :)


This is La Salle School of Arts by Zaha Hadid. Cool building isn't it? We were able to pass by it the other night and we saw glass blocks installed on the ground. For natural lighting on the basement rooms perhaps? Noice, noice. 



We were lucky to attend a mass on that Sunday. A different experience, attending mass on other country. We even witnessed some emergency case and the old man needed a medication. To sum it up, attending mass is just the same here in the Philippines.



Marina Bay Sands. Really beautiful. I knew this building was one of Singapore's landmarks, but it's different when you were able to see it personally. I fell deeply inlove with it though it's lovelier at night. Gaah can't describe it. What I was just trying to say is that I'm so thankful I was able to experience this. :)



We can never miss. We almost missed it, but of course as much as possible we have to have time to visit the Merlion, the real landmark of Singapore. 


Then the Esplanade, a theater in which the concept was a durian.


This is the view from the roof deck. Well I think Singaporean designers considers having roof garden on their buildings. Good job!


We were able to pass by the Helix Bridge. Imagine a bridge still as pretty as this. Now I really miss Singapore.


The entrance to the Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands


On the other entrance of the Shoppes, there was a somewhat basin/funnel like structure in front of it. What's amazing about this thing is that wherever side of the circumference of the structure you are in, you will hear


Very nice interior, a gondola at the atrium. Can you see the diners over there? What a nice view for them.


Ohhhh.. Chanel. And boyfriend wanted to take a picture of me in there. Stage boyfriend :P


Annndd of course it's his turn. Boys will be boys. Ferrari? I dunno what this car is, but he loved peeking on it.


The interior of Marina Bay Sands.. They say that the hanging thing costs a million dollar. Look at how the interior tapers, it's really amazing. Good architecture.


This is the view of Marina Bay Sands outside, this is the other face of the building.


Then, the Gardens by the Bay. I bet it's lovelier at night. Too bad we (especially me who had so much bad foot), were so much tired. We weren't able to explore the gardens more. And it was a rainy day, not a good weather for roaming around.



Last stop: Bugis Street

The last stop we had before heading to Changi Airport. Pasalubong time!

Busy looking for pasalubongs
Here we are, reality fast approaching. We were already at Changi Airport. Thank you Shane for dropping us off. It was nice to meet you!

These pictures below are from Terminal 3 though. I wasn't able to join them. My feet really can't do it anymore. :(



So that wrapped up my first trip abroad. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment